I am not a huge football fan, but I love making charcuterie boards. I decided to make a festive one for this year’s Super Bowl. I was looking for ways to make the charcuterie board football themed, and I came across the idea of making a cheeseball in the shape of a football on Cooking with Carlee’s blog! I adapted the idea, and loved how it came out.
How To Make The Football
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (you could use any cheese you’d like)
- about 1 pound of bacon cooked and chopped
- string cheese
- Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and some bacon together
- Once mixed, form the mixture into the shape of a football.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Take the remaining pieces of bacon and press them to the outside of the cheese ball to create the look of a football.
- Take string cheese and cut it into small strips. Place them on top to make the stitches.
I found that this cheese ball didn’t spread easily, you will definitely need a knife to spread it onto the crackers!
Other items on the Football Charcuterie Board
I purchased all of our meats and cheeses from McKinnon’s, a local market. This is where we get a lot of our favorite cheeses and meats! I made a list below of what I used on this charcuterie board:
- Everything But The Bagel Cheese
- Port Wine Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Chipotle Gouda Cheese
- Mozzarella Balls
- Salami (package of three different types)
This football charcuterie board was a total hit! I will definitely be making it again for future game nights!